We Are Always Looking for Conscientious, Highly Motivated People to Join Our Team
As an equal opportunity employer, we have a wide variety of opportunities to explore.
Secondary Market Mortgage Loan Officer – Abingdon. First Sentinel Bank has an immediate opening for an experienced Mortgage Loan Officer to serve our Secondary Market customers in Abingdon, VA and surrounding markets. This position is responsible for soliciting new residential mortgage business through our Secondary Market mortgage program and managing the customer relationship from initial application through loan closing.
Some primary responsibilities of the SM MLO position include, but are not limited to:
- Actively participate in pipeline development activities in accordance with individual lending production goals.
- Develop and maintain successful relationships with third party referral sources.
- Interview loan applicants to collect and analyze information to determine creditworthiness.
- Issue appropriate consumer disclosures within applicable deadlines per regulations.
- Maintain complete mortgage application files with appropriate documentation in accordance with established lending guidelines.
- Abide by guidelines set forth in agreement with Wholesale Lenders regarding appraisals.
- Review developing laws and regulations as they apply to mortgage loan origination.
Qualifications of this position include:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in finance, business administration, or other related field.
- At least 1 year of residential mortgage lending experience in a financial institution or loan agency setting.
- Registered Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO) with the National Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS).
- Demonstrated success in prospecting, generating leads, and consistently meeting/exceeding production goals.
- Demonstrated understanding of mortgage processing, underwriting, and closing procedures.
- Knowledge of conventional and/or governmental lending guidelines.
- Superior communication and negotiation skills. Ability to communicate effectively across a broad base of internal/external customers.
- Must be able to occasionally travel for training or other business-related matters.
For more information on any of our current job openings or to submit your résumé, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position you are inquiring about/applying for in the subject line of your email.
It is the policy of FSB to take affirmative action in affording equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.